Those who own or recently bought an iPhone X, you will surely want to know that steps on how you can change the tone of your incoming message.This will be of great help especially if you are waiting for a specific person’s message that will make you remind of a particular task you need to do, by just simply creating a unique tone or alarm for his/her text. We will explain further the steps on how to change message tone of your iPhone X.
How to change the message tone of your iPhone X
Below are the steps on how you can add or create customize tone for your messages in your contacts on iPhone X. There’s an option whether you will change individually the tone on your contact lists or change the sounds on text messages.
- Switch your iPhone X on
- Search for Dialer app
- Look for the contact/s you would like to edit then click it
- To edit the contact you have selected, click on the icon that is in pen-shaped form
- Click “Ringtone” button
- All of your ringtone sounds will appear in the pop-up window
- Browse and click the song to set as your ringtone
- If you can’t find the specific ringtone you want on the list, click “Add” and then find the sound from the device storage then click it
The above method changes a particular message tone to an individual contact from your iPhone X, if you did not change the tone of the other contacts it will automatically use the default sound on your settings. The main reason in creating a unique and customize ringtone is for you to have an idea of who’s calling or texting you even if you will not have to look on the screen of your iPhone X and also make things even more personal.