We have heard from some our esteemed readers who are great fans of Apple iPhone X that their smartphones have become non-responsive. This happens when they try to power on their iPhone X devices and realize that the screen remains black. This happens despite the iPhone X buttons lighting up. The iPhone X will experience this problem by different individuals.
Before you begin looking for any advanced solutions, it is recommended that you first connect your iPhone X to a power source and ensure it is charging. Several explanations have been given to try and illustrate the cause of this problem but we are going to give you several solutions that can help to fix this problem.
Try the Power Button
After connecting your iPhone X to the power source, try to press the Power button. This will ensure that there is no problem with the powering of the iPhone X. In this regard, you should proceed to learn about alternative solutions to the iPhone X as provided further on in this guide.
Boot to Safe Mode
The Safe Mode is a great environment to test the apps that are responsible for the unresponsive screen on your iPhone X. In the Safe Mode, only pre-installed apps will be supported which means that any other third apps which is defective can easily be determined. Here is how to go about it;
- At the same time, hold the home and power buttons for long enough to see the screen going off. Now let go of the home button while still pressing the power button
- If the device is in Safe Mode the tweak can be accessed under the setting menu
Boot to Recovery Mode and Wipe Cache Partition
You should boot your iPhone X in the Recovery Mode using the steps provided below;
- Using a USB cable, connect your iPhone X to the computer.
- Open iTune
- Once you have connected your iPhone X to the computer, force restart it by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time for at least 10 seconds. Hold until the Recovery Mode appears on your screen
- Between the two options of either Restore or Update, choose to Update. Once you do that, iTunes will reinstall your device iOS. This is done without deleting any information from your device. The iTunes will take a few minute to complete installing the iOS so you have to be a little patient.
Get Technical Support
Having tried all the solutions above, it is suggested that you take your iPhone X to an Apple technician. The technician will check for any physical damages to the device and recommend that you be issued with a replacement if the iPhone X cannot be repaired. Hopefully, you won’t have to go through all that because the iPhone X could just be facing a small power problem.