In this guide, we’ll explain to you how you can access the various iPhone and iPhone X text message settings.
When accessing the iPhone X text message settings, you’ll be able to manage different options across a range of apps. You can change settings for iMessage, change details about sent and read receipts, and change how Group Messages work.
There are many extra settings to go through too, you can find out more about these settings by following the guide below. To access text message settings, first open the Settings app and then browse to ‘Messages’. In the Messages section, tap on ‘text message settings’.
iPhone X Text Message Settings
- iMessage: With this option you can setup the ability to send messages to other iOS device owners through iMessage. iMessages are like SMS messages but they are free to send, can contain images and media, and are sent through WiFi or mobile data.
- Send Read Receipts: With this feature turned on, a small ‘read’ receipt will appear underneath the messages you read. If you don’t want this to happen, you can simply turn the feature off.
- Send As SMS: With this feature turned on, any messages sent through iMessage that fail to send due to network issues will automatically be sent as an SMS message instead. Make sure you’re careful with sending iMessages with media included, as this may cost you an additional fee when they’re sent as SMS messages.
- Send & Receive: You can use this feature to add more email addresses that can receive your iMessages. Tap Send & Receive and then ‘add another email’ to add a new email to this feature.
iPhone X Text Message Settings Extras
- MMS Messaging: Use this option to change settings for sending pictures, videos, and voice memos via SMS instead of through WiFi.
- Group Messaging: Use this option to control group messaging threads between you and others.
- Show Subject Field: With this option, you can add a subject field to your messages. This is similar to the subject field available in email clients. It will only work for messages sent through iMessage.
- Character Count: With this enabled, your iPhone will tell you how many characters are being entered per message. This is useful if you only want to send 1 SMS message.
- Blocked: Use this to control which numbers are blocked from calling, texting, and FaceTiming you.